Facebook's third-quarter earnings for this year shows the social network going strong on mobile, as showcased by its increase in both mobile users and mobile ad dollars.
The company released its quarterly report Wednesday, along with a revenue figure that beat Wall Street expectations. Although the network's figure for overall monthly active users didn't jump too much, Facebook's report shows that its users are migrating to mobile quickly.
Here's some of the highlights:
- 1.19 billion monthly active users (MAU) as of September 30, 2013, an 18 percent increase from a year ago
- 728 million daily active users (DAU) on average for September 2013, a 25 percent increase from a year ago
- 874 million mobile MAUs as of September 30, 2013, a 45 percent increase from a year ago
- 507 million Mobile DAUs on average for September 2013
- $2.02 billion in revenue for the last quarter
- 25 cents per share
- 49 percent of its advertising revenue is from mobile ads
- On average, DAUs are engaging with 1 ad per week
Update, 2:14 p.m. PT: Adds new details from the earnings call.