Are you experiencing a slightly dry feeling in your mouth? Are your limbs offering involuntary jitters and twitches?
The fiscal cliff negotiations can do that to you.
However, Google would like to tell you that it understands the pain of entering 2013 without a sheet to the wind.
Having presented a charming doodle for New Year's Eve (below), featuring so many of the characters from the doodles of 2012 (you can see all Google's doodles here), today it presents the cleanup.
Reality has chimed. The cleaners have arrived. Robert Moog, Moby Dick, and Niels Bohr have all gone home. Even Julia Child has taken her pots and pans and scarpered.
More Technically Incorrect
- Half of relationships contain Netflix adulterers
- Qantas: Forget the Kindle, read a book we just wrote for you
- Annoyed theatergoer ejected after grabbing cell phone and tossing it
- 'Star Wars' and 'Doctor Who' fans in altercation at sci-fi convention
- Charges dropped against teen in science experiment 'bomb'
The lone remaining reveler is Rodin's Thinker. He's still sitting at his computer.
There is clearly artistic meaning at play here. Those doodlers are nothing if not intellectual.
The Thinker, obviously not the drinker, is pondering a solution to the world's ills.
How can he bring prosperity to all? How can he bring love and happiness to those who see only lightless tunnels?
Alternatively, the Thinker is a Google engineer. He didn't get the day off and he's still trying to work out how to make Google+ a little better. Or a lot.