A look under the hood of a 1914 Detroit Electric car. The car used to carry as many as 14 lead-acid batteries and have a range of about 40 miles. The top speed is about 40 miles per hour. The people from Union College in Schenectady who restored the car had to replace the batteries because they were so deteriorated that they leaked. The car was found in 1971 in terrible condition in a farmer's field and was then restored. It is now on display at the Edison Exploratorium in Schenectady.