The Fairchild C-199G "Flying Boxcar" was "designed to carry cargo, personnel, litter patients, mechanized equipment and parachute troops," a sign at the museum reads.
Carrying a crew of four, and weighing 85,000 pounds, the C-119 first flew in 1947 and was in production until 1955. It was used by the Air Force in Korea, but was also used by the Air Forces of Canada, Belgium, Italy and India. And while its production had long since ceased, the plane was used in Vietnam as a ground support plane.
"The nickname 'Flying Boxcar' comes from the inside volume capacity, which is 93 feet, that of a railroad boxcar."